I got sent some shit to make a trifle from the dope people at Tatua and well I probably made the best rifle in the world, do now I’m going to sit here and literally type it out for you to read. Like it’s not even my take on it I literally followed the instructions and wham bam thank you mam I made a bloody trifle. If this sounds like a bit of you then read on girlfriends and you will be the best kid at the Christmas party turning up with this.
- 500ml raspberry jelly (Don’t forget to make the jelly ahead of time this almost caught me out)
- 200g Tatua mascarpone
- 1 cup vanilla custard
- 400g plain sponge cake, cut into two equal layers
- ¼ cup of sherry or juice (I used port so basically use whatever booze is on hand)
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 500g strawberries
- Tatua dairy whip to serve
- In a bowl mix Tatua mascarpone and custard, you will need an electric mixer for this because I tried to hand mix it and it was not easy yo.
- Place half the sponge cake over the base of a medium dessert bowl (I recommend a legit trifle bowl they’re real cheap at like Kmart)
- Cut the jelly into chunks then spoon half over the mascarpone mixture
- Top with half the berries (I used all the berries I could get my hands on). Repeat layering with the remaining sponge cake, mascarpone mixture, jelly and berries.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
And that’s it mates I managed to type it out for you all just in time for xmas! Shout out to Tatua for providing me with the goods to make the trifle and the realest recipe, I can guarantee you will be eating trifle for breakfast for at least three days and then if you’re my way inclined you might take it to work for lunch for the week also.
Your welcome b xx